To all of those who dream big and want more out of life American Airlines is the world-class aviation leader that enables your success by welcoming you into our inclusive community of committed professionals who care for people along life’s journey.
In the American Airlines Cadet Academy, you will train with one of our carefully selected flight schools and be paired with an American Airlines pilot mentor to walk with you through the program. Our dedicated program lenders, American Airlines Federal Credit Union and Discover® Student Loans, can help simplify the financial aspect of your training.
Most importantly, upon program completion, AA’s three wholly owned regional carriers (Envoy, PSA, and Piedmont) will offer you a guaranteed interview. If hired by one of these regional airlines, you are well on your way to working at American Airlines. American Airlines has contractual flow-through agreements with each of these carriers, which means you will transfer directly to American Airlines once your seniority accrues.
To get started transforming your dreams into reality, we require you:
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Be 21 years old by the completion of the approximately three-year program.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be able to obtain an FAA Physical (first class medical).
- Be able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Pass a background check.
Acceptance into this program does not constitute an offer of employment from American Airlines or any of its subsidiaries, nor does it guarantee loan funding.